I1 Display Pro
Q1: The software informed me that there was a new version available. I updated it and now cannot open the application.
Q2: When I ran the application it told me there was an update available. The update started but crashed half way through install.
On some systems, the online update does not install correctly. Certain files not downloading correctly usually cause this. To fix this issue we recommend that you perform a clean re-install of the software using the instructions below:
1) Open: Macintosh HD > Applications: Delete the application (ColorMunki Smile, ColorMunki Display, 1Profiler or ColorMunki Passport).
2) Download the XRD Un-Installer application from here and run it.
3) Restart the computer
4) Download and install the latest version of the software for your device from downloads the link below.
When installing the X-Rite application, be aware of the following:
• Administrative rights are required to install and uninstall the software.
• Do not connect the measurement device until the software installation is complete.
5) Before running the software, plug in the device, allow a few minutes for the drivers to update then launch the application.
1.) Download the latest X-Rite Software for your device from the link below save it to your disk (do not install yet):
2.) Disconnect any measurement instruments or dongles
3.) Set User Account Control to lowest level (Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings)
4.) Restart computer, log in with Administrator rights
5.) Temporarily close all third-party Virus Protection Tools
6.) Quit X-Rite Tray Application, if running (i.e. right-click to Colormunki/i1Profiler icon bottom right in Windows Task Bar, select ‘Quit’).
7.) Go to Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Services, locate the ’X-Rite Device Services‘ and stop it.
8.) Go to systems Control Panel > Programs & Features and uninstall X-Rite Device Service Manager, then uninstall Colormunki/i1Profiler Software
9.) Go to C: \Programs (x86)\X-Rite delete the folder ‘Devices’ (if still present).
10.) Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and/or C:\ Windows\System32 and delete XriteDevice.dll (if present).
11.) Go to Computer -> Manage -> Task Scheduler > Task Scheduler Library and delete the Tasks ‘X-Rite device Service Software Updater’ (if present)
12.) Restart computer, log in with Admin Rights,
13.) Install X-Rite application; right-click to the Setup.exe icon and select ‘Run as Administrator’
14.) Restart computer
15.) Before running the software, plug in the device, allow a few minutes for the drivers to update then launch the application.