Following the launch of the latest Apple OS X upgrade (El Capitan and Sierra), most X-Rite devices require a software update.
ColorMunki Photo v1.2.3 Click here for download link
ColorMunki Design v1.2.0 Click here for download link
Please carefully follow instructions below before updating the above software’s
This new build of ColorMunki Photo/Design will allow you to install on Mac OS 10.10 (El Capitan).
Prior to installing the update to ColorMunki Photo/Design, you will need to remove the existing software from your system.
- Unplug the ColorMunki Photo/Design device
- Navigate to Applications and drag the ColorMunki Photo/Design folder to the trash bin
- Empty the trash
- Reboot the computer
- Install ColorMunki Photo 1.2.2 / ColorMunki Design 1.2.0
There is an important software update available for all X-Rite products and this should download to your computer automatically. Alternatively you may download the update manually from http://xritephoto.com/ph_top_support.aspx?action=FAQs
Profiling Dual monitors on Mac OS X Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan & Sierra
There is currently a known issue running ColorMunki Display, ColorMunki Photo and ColorMunki Design on the Macintosh OS when profiling dual monitors.
While work to fix this bug is being completed, X-Rite have issued a work around – this is:
- Profile the main display (display with desktop) as normal.
- Open ‘System Preferences’ click Displays and select the’ Arrangement’ Tab. Move the desktop (thin top strip on one of the main display) to the second display.
- Restart the ColorMunki software and profile the second display as normal. If required, move the desktop back to the original display.
Note: X-Rite will look to address the dual display profiling issue in future releases of the applications affected.