For help in finding your product registration code or serial number, click here.
A helpful guide is available that provides users the ideal calibration settings for most monitors, for more information click here.
Before proceeding any further, please first try re-installing the X-Rite software as this will fix many issues.
Apple Macintosh Grey Screen Issue
After installing the 1.2.2 software update of the software we have found that some Apple Macintosh users have experienced either an unreadable grey screen or exaggerated colors when calibrating their displays. Please click here for instructions to fix this issue.
Please note that the ‘Grey Screen’ issue has been fixed in the latest 1.2.3 version of the ColorMunki Photo software. This is available as a free download from here.
FAQ Scenario 1
- I have installed the software on my new PC/Mac and when trying to calibrate, the software just comes back with ‘Device not found’.
- The software does not seem to recognise the device when it’s plugged into a USB socket.
- The calibrator is plugged into a USB socket on my PC but the software says ‘device not found’
FAQ Scenario 2
- When I try to click ‘Activate the ColorMunki’ and click close the software just crashes.
- When I launch the software the Activation button is greyed out. I can click register button, but I have already done this
- When trying to activate the software, the ‘activate’ and ‘register’ buttons are greyed out and I can only close the software.
FAQ Scenario 3
- Monitor calibration hangs or crashes when profiling.
- Monitor calibration just flashes a black and white screen when running a profile.
- After the software asks me to place the device on the screen and press next. The screen just flashes when checking for automatic display control, and does not start profiling.
FAQ Scenario 4
- When the software prompts to calibrate the ColorMunki. I rotate the bezel to the calibration position click calibrate on the screen. The device then calibrates and prompts me to rotate the bezel back to the read position. When I do, the software says ‘device being calibrated’ and the software just hangs with the reading light on or prompts me to recalibrate!
- After I calibrate the ColorMunki and rotate it back to the bottom position the software asks me to calibrate again!
- The ColorMunki won’t calibrate. When rotating the bezel the position on the software does not match up with the bezel position on the device.
FAQ Scenario 5
- Since I updated my Mac’s operating system I can not switch OFF the Colour Management for my Canon printer to print my test charts out of my profiling application without any Colour Management. What can I do?
- Can’t find where to turn off automatic colour management on my printer driver.
- There are no colour management options on my printer driver what can I do to print out my test charts correctly.
FAQ Scenario 6
- After profiling my printer with the ColorMunki my prints are still not looking like my screen.
- Even when I use the ‘No Colour Management’ option on my printer driver, my prints are still looking very dark and a saturated after profiling my printer.
- My prints are no better after profiling my printer and I’m sure I have followed all the colour management settings correctly.
FAQ Scenario 7
- After I have created a paper profile and using it in Photoshop the white areas of my prints look grey, mostly where there is white at the edge of an image it shows grey against the border of the print.
- I seem to be having problems with images having a colour cast when I use the profile I have generated.
- My prints seem to have a grey look.
FAQ Scenario 8
- After profiling my display, images look great in Photoshop/Lightroom but in Windows Picture viewer or web applications they look oversaturated and dark how do I fix this?
FAQ Scenario 9
- Q1: The software informed me that there was a new version available. I updated it and now can’t open the application.
- Q2: When I ran the application it told me there was an update available. The update started but crashed half way through the install procedure.
FAQ Scenario 10
If you require further help with this product not listed above, please raise a support case.